Sunday 2 November 2008

Lonnie Smith


Jazz legend. Lonnie Smith was playing at the Sela Bar in town Tuesday thru Thursday this week. I got a call off Dan Medhurst about 2ish on the Thursday, asking if I wanted to come and assist him on a portrait shoot for the man himself. What an opportunity! I went and we did the shoot. Watching Dan made me realise how much I have yet to learn about photography.. I've barely scratched the surface. Dan's photos can be found on his flickr or website probabily. Google him.
I went back down to the Sela Bar that evening to take some shots, and experience the legend. Corinne Bailey Rae was there too. I left before the second half of his set, it was already midnight, so I missed Corinne singing with him. Apparently during the interval, Lonnie made the bar staff run to McDonald's to get him some fries.. That's a true legend!

No comments: